วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 19 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Yamaha YHT-S400BL Home Theater System (Black) small but good!


small but good!, (What's this?) Very happy with the sound bar/receiver. The receiver gives out deep bass while the bar really enhances the listening experience. Obviously this is not surround sound but for the price you can't go wrong.
Great bedroom piece, (What's this?) Not much to say except that I love this thing. It has great sound and is a perfect fit for a bedroom.
Nice but.., (What's this?) this was a gift and it didnt work out.
Reason why is that the Sub/reciever is rather large.
Due to the sub and reciever combination the instructions say it needs to be on a shelf by itself.
Perhaps if we had a bigger TV stand it may have worked out, but not being able to put the cable box or DVD player on the same shelf caused an issue.
Does a great job as a soundbar!, (What's this?) I've had this soundbar for almost a month now and wanted to spend a good amount of time listening to it before I wrote up a review.

For the price this is an awesome soundbar. The setup was easy and quick; for some reason I expected the subwoofer to be wireless too, but no biggie. The soundbar itself is a-lot smaller than I had initially expected, I knew it was thin but I didn't expect it to be that thin. The sound that came out of those small drivers was bigger than I expected too.

The subwoofer + receiver is nice and convenient but don't plan on expanding your sound system with it.

The subwoofer and soundbar are paired nicely, the bass is generally where it should be. I've had a Sony home-theater-in-a-box which had bass that was muddy and overwhelming, this was a pleasant change. The subwoofer level is adjustable too which is very convenient for movies.

TV: Compared to tinny sounding TV speakers, this does an awesome job. There is a big spectrum of sound TV speakers just can't produce and this Yamaha setup does a good job of filling that in. The sound is good, voices can be a little nasal sounding but it's not super noticeable. The Uni-Volume feature is a big plus, it crunches some of the dynamic range but works as intended keeping the commercials at the same volume as the show you're watching.

Movies: In terms of immersing you into the movie, this system does a good job. I use the Extended Stereo mode which the makes the sound more room filling (works well for tv too). However I don't use the Surround Sound mode, you need a small living room with walls relatively close to the soundbar for this to really work at all. I tried it but thanks to the walls being so far away the sound was scattered and not well imaged.

Music: This was a little bit disappointing, I was expecting music to perform as well as TV or movies do but it just doesn't. I Listened to Elbow's album "The Seldom Seen Kid" and immediately noticed a lack of clarity and imagery in the sound.
Very good system, (What's this?) Its a very good system for those who are bothered with home theater wiring (and want to avoid spending on wireless speakers).
However its not a real surround system and neither do they promise it to be.
This is not as simple as people make it seem, (What's this?) I do very much appreciate the people who took the time to explain the upgrade to the firmware. but the truth is that this device will not function in HDMI mode so what is the use of it. As an end-user, I am no slouch with non-intuitive devices but this was a wasted day and a half. The byzantine upgrade process requires you to buy the digital optical cable. Go to the website and download the manual. Really. then download the firmware. The firmware would not update - I burned a cd of it on three devices to be sure.
Yamaha should be embarrassed that they could not offer to send a cd.
Nice compact unit, (What's this?) Out of the box, the sound sucks wind bad.
yamaha sound bar, (What's this?) This sound bar has great sound but I was ready to send back because it will not work with my Dish remote. I did purchase a Logtic remote from Costco and it will turn on TV, sound bar, and blue ray player so I decided to keep it. So if your trying to have only one remote this is the only way I found it would work.
Solid Choice, (What's this?) I did a lot of research and would not consider myself a very technical listener. Having said that I do like my music and movies loud and clear.
Great option for 2nd room HT/FM, (What's this?) Exactly what I was hoping for from the sound bar category and expecting from Yamaha given their reputation. Not true surround but the next best thing, adds FM receiver with decent sensitivity (even with included antenna, at least for my area) and extraordinary sound given the minimalist footprint. I'm used to a 5.1 ch Pioneer Receiver driving a Bose Acoustimass 12 (HT) and 501's (2ch) and was worried about a steep drop in performance in new environment/category. Samsung TV Samsung UN46D6000 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black) w/ Toslink out a great match. At $350 nothing else in the category matches up. (Don't forget the Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft.

  • Subwoofer-Integrated receiver allows one-cable connection
  • Digital built in amplifier
  • Yamaha's exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME
  • World's slimmest soundboard (2 inches) can be placed in front of most TVs
  • UniVolume keeps volume during TV programs and commercials at the same level

  • Subwoofer-Integrated receiver allows one-cable connection.Digital built in amplifier.Yamaha's exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME.World's slimmest soundboard (2 inches) can be placed in front of most TVs.UniVolume keeps volume during TV programs and commercials at the same level..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น