วันเสาร์ที่ 21 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Samsung HTD6500W 5.1 CH 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System Amazon Customer Service SUCKS


Solid system, but no headphone jack!, Overall a very solid product. Easy to set up and the sound quality is very good. Able to use my Ipod touch and Xbox easily with the system. I also really enjoyed the app selection - very easy to use.

Only drawback that I can find is that there is no headphone jack. I can't believe that Samsung would make a home theater system without one. Very inconvenient if you want to be able to listen to the system with headphones.
Does what it's supposed to and does it very well!, (What's this?) The sound is amazing, the subwoofer is deep, the dynamic range is outstanding.
Love it!, (What's this?)
The Infamous "Stopped Playing Blu-Rays" Issue, (What's this?) I purchased this unit as a bundle to the Samsung 60" D6000 HD TV for xmas. The complete home theatre system was what was looking in a clean install, one unit does all, fashion.

The initial set up was seamless, no problems at all. Loved the speaker sound room calibration. It actually works quite well. Smart TV on the BD player seemed to work fine, although, I have not spent enough time on it.

The "BD Wise" connection between the unit and TV works perfectly.

The "All Share" function (since I have a Samsung Infuse 4G phone) was disappointing. It connected to the TV and home theatre fine, but if I actually tried to stream a song or even a movie, it just couldn't do it. It was as if I was trying to stream over a 2G or EDGE network, and I have a Wireless N network.
Samsung HT-D6500W, (What's this?) My initial response to this unit was WOW! Great picture, great sound. Set-up was not bad but the TV sound from a Samsung TV did not work with the one HDMI cable as documented. Added the Optical cable and the sound worked. Then the wireless surround speakers started to fail intermittently and now permanently.
Good System - Good Value, (What's this?) I received this two days after ordering it from Amazon with standard shipping. I was amazed. The unit was easy to set up (it took more time to assemble the rear speaker stands I ordered!).

Everything worked as expected - the "wireless" rear speakers, the DVD player (both regular and Blue Ray), the 5.1 surround sound, FM tuner, etc. A bonus - somehow my Panasonic Viera TV "synched" with this Samsung unit. This makes my use of these two compnents together more seamless.

As you might tell, I am not an audiophile. We just wanted decent sound, Blue Ray capability, and the ability to get to internet content providers. So this system met our expectations, and maybe exceeded them a little. The drawbacks I found limiting my review to four stars include thin gauged and short speaker wires and a sub-woofer that is good for music and OK for movies.
Sound cut in and out, (What's this?) I got of these about 6 weeks ago. It turned mill second sound drops from Directv in 5 to 10 second drops. I exchanged it (Amazon was good about that). The new one did the same thing. I returned it. Now I'm going to try the Yamaha.
Could be better, (What's this?) Its a good HT. great sound. comes with a mic so you can calibrate based on your room setting.
wireless rear speakers still need wiring but far less than having to run cables from the HT unit all the way to the back.

The Apps!!! OMG, they suck!! The 2011 samsung TV comes with such good apps, left me wondering why this HT couldn't run the newer better apps...
The youtube app is terrible, netflix hangs once so often, Pandora and vudu are the only apps that worked well so far.
The apps on my Samsung TV are far superior. I hope Samsung upgrades the software on this HT.

Solid sound performance with poor built in software... Samsung has a lot to learn from Apple.
Amazon Customer Service SUCKS, Ok, so I order over $3k worth of stuff this week. Including the HTD6500W. Amazon puts a hold for the funds at my bank not once, but 3 times. It looked like a great price until they charged me three times for it!!!!
Needless to say, Customer service couldn't do anything for 24-48 hours...even though I am a prime member and have spent quite a bit with Amazon over the years. All they had to do was fax a stupid release to my bank...they had plenty of time as it was around 11am their time.

THIS IS MY LAST PURCHASE FROM AMAZON....I even cancelled some items that hadn't shipped yet...

Amazon you have screwed me for the last time!

On the other hand...I went to HH Gregg to check this system out and it totally rocks-very clear even at high volume levels...guess where I am going to buy it now that I have cancelled my order with Amazon....at least once they release the $1365.
What idiot......, (What's this?) decided that the only way (as far as I can determine so far) to play videos via the iPod dock is to force me to disable the HDMI-CEC link? I can understand the composite output requirement considering the way iDevices are locked down. I need CEC enabled to use the AVR function on my TV. With CEC enabled, I'm unable to select the composite input on the TV; it jumps to HDMI. It's a major pain to go through the settings and re-enable CEC every time I want to listen to audio from the TV through the system. -2 stars, Samsung/Apple.

That not withstanding, my experience so far has been pleasant and setup was rather easy.

I had to set my AP to broadcast the SSID to get the wifi to link up. One would think this to be a non-issue as long as wifi has been around.

  • Samsung home theater system
  • Built-in WiFi
  • Samsung Apps
  • Wireless rear speakers
  • Samsung Smart TV, 3D

  • Samsung home theater system.Built-in WiFi.Samsung Apps.Wireless rear speakers.Samsung Smart TV, 3D. Samsung’s 1000W HT-D6500 Blu-ray Home Theater System delivers a big home-theater experience in a more streamlined package, making it the perfect system for small spaces. Internet@TV delivers the best of the web, straight to your HDTV, with downloadable widgets and apps like BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora and more. You can shop online, share pictures, catch up with friends and more. Connect to a wide range of streaming digital content at the touch of a button. Built-in WiFi brings it all together beautifully. Your Home Theater is also part of DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance). Samsung's DLNA certified TVs have AllShare, which enables content to be seamlessly streamed between DLNA devices, allowing you to play files stored on your PC or even use your telephone through your TV.

    Key Features 5.1 channel home theater audio system 1GB Memory AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.  Internet@TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and more – all on your HDTV.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น