วันอังคารที่ 17 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

American Red Cross FR150 Microlink Solar-Powered, Self-Powered AM/FM/Weatherband Portable Radio with Flashlight and Cell Phone Great little radio


Am Station, (What's this?) The reception of the A.M. stations went dead when I released the tuning wheel. E-mailed the company, they said that I should send the radio to a repair shop. That was not helpful at all.
Great for power outages., (What's this?) This worked pretty good in our last power outage. We could receive several radio stations (not just the local one) and the weatherband to keep up with what was going on with the storms. It takes a bit to wind it completely up. Worth having something that doesn't have to have batteries to work.
Super cool, (What's this?)
American Red Cross FR150, (What's this?) I bought the radio for emergencies, but I do listen to it in the house and I get a good reception. I like the size and love the color, good flash light. Overall a good emergency radio.
disappointed, (What's this?) This item was disappointing because it broke one week after I received it. I would think it would be made stronger to last longer. It is also, quite small. I was just totally unhappy with this product.
Small, solid, simple to use., (What's this?) I bought the FR150 a few years ago for our home emergency kit. I spent a little time with it when I first got it to make sure it worked and then threw it in the emergency kit and forgot about it. I pulled it out a few days ago in preperation for Hurricane Irene and made sure that it worked. No problem. This little thing is solid. I was glad I had it when the power went out and we lost our land line and eventually our cell phone service. Thanks to 790AM in Norfolk, VA and the FR150 we were fully informed of the position and severity of the storm and any local flooding and damage.
You get what you pay for, This is a nicely styled item but as a radio for AM or FM, flashlight, NOAA Weather Radio or cell phone charger it is really lacking. The flashlight is just barely adequate although it is better than being in the dark I suppose. The radio is impossible to tune clearly, it drifts off the station constantly, and the audio is distorted and tinny. The instructions for cell phone charging indicate that you should turn the crank two times per second for 10 to 15 minutes to get approximately 1 minute of talk time on a typical phone. I didn't try that but my guess would be that the crank mechanism would break before you'd ever get the phone charged enough to use it. This is a nice novelty item but it's usefulness is limited. I think it would be better to have a conventional flashlight, radio and a stock of spare batteries.
a hurricane is on the way and it does not hold a charge, (What's this?) I bought this a few years ago in case of an emergency and put it on a shelf.
Big mistake. I should have tested it first.

Hurricane Irene will be here tomorrow.
I tried to charge it using the crank. Nothing.
I tried to charge it overnight connected to a usb port on my PC.

Plugged in to the PC, the radio works.

When unplugged after "charging", the radio does not work.

I called their 800 number today, Saturday. No one is there and they sell emergency products but only have support M - F 9 to 5.
I suspect the battery is no good. But, it might also be the charging circuits.
What good is an emergency device if it does not work?

The instruction manual is useless. All it contains is instructions on how to charge it and how to turn it on. (Turn the on switch.)
No troubleshooting.

UPDATE:
Based on the manufacturer's response, I wish that I could lower the rating from 1 star.
I got an email response from the manufacturer 5 days after I contacted them by email. This is their idea of fast customer response for a device designed for an emergeny.

They suggested that the problem was a faulty rechargeable battery and that I should buy a replacement from their web site.
Great little radio, (What's this?) Got this radio for my husband, actually thinking it would not be that great, but he really liked it! A few days later, I ordered it for my brother, who also liked it. Both orders were from Amazon.
It won't charge your phone, (What's this?) If you're thinking about buying this to charge your cell phone, don't do it. It will not charge your cell phone.

  • AM (520-1710 KHz), FM (87-108MHz), NOAA weather on all 7 channels. Built-in hand crank power generator recharges the internal rechargeable
  • Built-in cell phone charger, Earphone jack 3.5 mm socket, Cell phone charger output jack.
  • Power source: solar power; built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack
  • From solar power, the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery that takes charge from the dynamo crank and from an AC adapter (not included).
  • Weight: 7.5 oz. and 200 g. Accessories: owner's manual, warranty card, preparedness guide, card for cell phone tip.

  • AM (520-1710 KHz), FM (87-108MHz), NOAA weather on all 7 channels. Built-in hand crank power generator recharges the internal rechargeable.Built-in cell phone charger, Earphone jack 3.5 mm socket, Cell phone charger output jack..Power source: solar power; built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack.From solar power, the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery that takes charge from the dynamo crank and from an AC adapter (not included)..Weight: 7.5 oz. and 200 g. Accessories: owner's manual, warranty card, preparedness guide, card for cell phone tip.. The American Red Cross FR-150 Microlink brings together some of the most popular features of the American Red Cross FR-1000 Voicelink in a more compact design. This ultra-portable device is ideal to have on hand when you’re out roughing it. It also makes a great addition to any emergency-preparedness kit. No plugs or wires are required. Instead, turn the hand crank to power the Microlink, or capture the sun’s energy and run it on solar power. An optional AC power supply can also be used. You’ll always know what’s going on, thanks to the AM, FM and NOAA Weather Band tuners. You can also tune in to the FCC and EAS public alert systems. This, along with the flashlight and cell phone charger, make the FR-150 Microlink one versatile little device. Your Ultra-Portable Link to the World Tackling the great outdoors can be a daunting task.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น