วันอังคารที่ 3 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony RDP-XF100IP Portable iPod Docking Station


DO NOT BUY THIS: Great Until ERROR, I liked this unit very much, and up until an hour ago would have given it four or five stars. But now I get an ERROR message when I turn it on, and it turns itself off after four seconds of that. (Other reviewers of this same unit have had the same problem, which tells me it's a design flaw.) Sony's online chat support couldn't help, and says there is no reset button for the unit. They sent me a link to set up a repair or exchange. My unit is just over 18 months old, so Sony repair said I was eligible for an exchange. At a cost of $145. That's nearly the cost of a new unit. No way that's happening.

As I bought this off the shelf at a Best Buy, I'm going to take it back to them and see if they'll stand behind the product in a way that Sony won't.

UPDATE: Nope. Best Buy's store manager "understood my frustration" but given that the unit was over a year old and that I didn't buy an extended warranty on it, they could only offer me a "good deal" on a new unit. I told her that I'd rather buy a new unit from Amazon.com (of some other brand!) than give more money to Best Buy.

In summary: regardless of who you buy from, don't buy this. Buy something else.
Nice Product, (What's this?) Very Good sound. Deep bass and nice volume range for a night stand sized audio system. The fm radio is lack luster but the docking sound is fabulous which more than makes up for the lower fm quality. Anyway, we love it and definitely recommend it to those of you who use your iphone more for listening pleasure than you do a major sterio or fm dial.
very nice, (What's this?) Really like this product, the sound is very impressive for the size and its nice its portable without the wall charger. it says when not plugged in you may notice a decrease in output but its wasnt much sounded great. Easy touch contols and digital, Comes with remote also. The only downfall is the front dock for the ipod, not much support may break easily if mishandeled.
Best Buy, (What's this?) Pros:
Own Internal Battery
Dock for variety of Ipod and Iphone.
Sounds great but..., We thought this was one of the best sounding docks at any price. Worked great for just over 1 year, then we got the dreaded "Error" message (see other Amazon reviews with the same problem). We can't find anything to fix it. Looks like we have to buy another unit.
Sound Docks, (What's this?) I have been shopping for a portable dock for quite sometime, I've listen to a few name brand etc; price and sound was my main objective.
It's been my experience that Sony make excellent products, I checked out the reveiws on this product the RDP-XF100IP, the price was great, and also the features, next I went shopping on the Amazon network and found a refurbished one for about half the price of a new one, this portable dock is awsome, and certainly has my approval.
Dreaded "ERROR" message, I also would have given this a great review until yesterday, when it suddenly showed "ERROR" and powered off. It won't work at all now. You can be sure my next iPod docking station will NOT be a Sony.
Too much bass for me, (What's this?) I like a lotta base but this unit (even after adjusting)has too much for me. I also use it as a radio so no option for adjustment on that end. Wish it had a more sophisticated equilizer on it. Sound is good, just too much base. Overall I am happy with the unit. I will investigate external speaker options.
Exellent, (What's this?)
Sony Portable iPod dock, (What's this?) Nice speaker and good room filling sound. Wanted something that was portable and didn't sound different if plugged in or running on battery. Bought it for a beach vacation and had no problem hearing it while out on the beach. Digital Radio is a nice bonus too.

  • 40 Watt (20W + 20W) high quality sound output
  • 3G Certified
  • Rechargeable battery for convenient portability
  • Retractable flip-down dock for iPod/iPhone charging
  • Digital FM Radio (20 station presets)

  • 40 Watt (20W + 20W) high quality sound output.3G Certified.Rechargeable battery for convenient portability.Retractable flip-down dock for iPod/iPhone charging.Digital FM Radio (20 station presets). Go-anywhere sound quality, only by Sony. Hear the difference -- in any room, indoors or out -- with the Sony RDP-XF100iP portable dock for iPod and iPhone 1. The rechargeable battery provides up to seven hours of listening, and when plugged into a power source the dock charges your iPod or iPhone .

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น