วันจันทร์ที่ 9 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Western Digital WD TV Live Plus 1080p HD Media Player


Some days it works other it does not, (What's this?) I have always been a huge WD fan but this was the straw that broke the back.
I have had this unit for months and ever since day one, it wold work only certain times.
Today I may be able to connect to my PC and stream video howver tomorrow the unit can not find the PC. One day my videos may be in network shares and the next day it may be in media shares. My networks has been the same with no changes or additions for months so I know the problem is not with anything I may or may not be doing with my PC. Connection to Netflix has been good for months then this week every other time I tried to access Netflix it told me it could not connect to Netflix and to go to their webpage for help. I plugged a laptop into the tv and netflix was fine, I also connected my ipad to the tv and nextflix was just fine. Clearly this WD crap is just that. The best experience I have had with this thing is taking it outside today and taking a hammer to it. Now I feel much better and will never buy WD again for anything.
Nice Solution for Home Theater Plaback, (What's this?) The WD TV Live Plus works as advertised. It provides both HDMI and (the older) Component Video connections to an HDTV, and an Ethernet connection to the home-network. I am using a wired Gigabit Ethernet network, with a D-Link DNS-323 network attached storage (NAS) device to store my media files (photos, music, video). The TV Live Plus sees the NAS as a media server and allows you to easily navigate to the media file of interest.

The WD TV Live Plus connects (via HDMI) to my Home Theater receiver and is controlled via my Harmony universal remote(the WD TV Live Plus also has its own remote).
WD TV Live Plus 1080p HD Media Player, We love this thing! It's network and internet ready; virtually plug-n-play, although it is helpful to some technical networking background for configuration to a file server or NAS. It is slow to boot but does offer simple navigation and can be connected to a stand alone external storage device (hard drive or flash drive). While we use it primarily for movies it also plays music and can view pictures. The footprint is small so it can be part of the media center without taking over the space. Some of the older reviews include some complaints about features not working which most have been addressed by firmware updates (we have had at least 6 since we've owned it) but it needs to be connected to the internet to receive them! Other then then the slow boot time, once the WD Live recognizes all the connections and devices connected to it it functions as advertised. While we do not utilize the included internet apps for streaming, the apps do work but quality is dependent upon QoS from ISP. I would recommend this product to anyone with some networking skills as it it not true plug-n-play yet.
Couldn't ask for more, I have numerous type of MKV files. This device has played them all just fine. It is so great to be able to keep my HTPC off. The UI is pretty good. It takes a little bit of tinkering to understand the "add to media library" option and the dashboard..but it works. I feel like I have to push down hard on the remote control buttons, but that's a small nitpick. Overall great device.
False Advertising, Whether Amazon, the third party retailer or Western Digital, this product does NOT play Netflix. I quote: "Plus, enjoy access to your Netflix unlimited membership and other premium content."

The closest you can get to Netflix is Youtube and Facebook. I wanted to like this device, I really did. In the end, I am returning it for something better.
It may not be the prettiest interface but Wow!, This device is what I have dreamed of... It has supported every format that I have thrown at it. I put it on my network, pointed it at my ReadyNAS network storage and have been streaming music and movies ever since. If the UI was more polished it would definitely be a five star device.
This is a old Version, (What's this?) I recieve a old version(WD TV Live (WDBAAx0000NBK)), this version not suport netflix and other site.
I buy a Western Digital WD TV Live Plus, and recieve Western Digital WD TV Live.
Audio Is Not Ready For Prime Time, I have the WD TV Live Plus, with the latest firmware. The HDMI goes to a small monitor, and the optical link goes to my receiver, and I use a 2TB USB Hard Drive.

Seems like most of the reviewers here use the player for video playback. I wanted it strictly for audio. I have digitized over 300 of my CD's (FLAC format) so that I can play them back through my stereo with this device.

Here are the positives:
* Very easy to set up
* Connected to my wired network with no problems.
* Plays all the important audio formats
* Attractive and small

Here are the negatives:
* Getting the album covers to display is impossible. I finally got them to display on the Audio\Folders, but nowhere else.
* Without the display of album covers, all of my albums just displayed the title. "16 Greatest Hits", "Anthology", "Verve", "Recently". Who are these by? Who knows without the cover art. So, I wrote a dos batch script to add the "Artist" to the "Title", e.g. changed from "Hard Days Night" to "Beatles-Hard Days Night". It still does not display the latter name! I learned early to always delete the ".wd" directory when I made changes (it might delete anything new that you added), but even that did not help. Very frustrating. Tech support sent the typical auto-generated response which was not even close to an answer, then ignored my further questions.
Great but not perfect., I created a full review of the product that you can find here:

http://refactoringself.com/2012/01/05/wd-tv-live-plus-hd-review-and-tips/

From a high level view, no wireless, but I provide a work around for it. Also I highly recommend getting a wireless keyboard to make the navigation a lot better.
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus, (What's this?) Have a external HD USB and direct linked to Pc HD works great
can watch you tube no problems
play my music and movies great
only thing is a little noise when the system starts up but it goes away .

  • Access media anywhere on your home network
  • Supports DVD Navigation
  • Full-HD video playback and navigation - up to 1080p
  • Play almost any type of media file
  • Stream Netflix and other online media

  • Access media anywhere on your home network.Supports DVD Navigation.Full-HD video playback and navigation - up to 1080p.Play almost any type of media file.Stream Netflix and other online media. Play media from your home network and the Internet on your big screen TV. Plus, enjoy access to your Netflix unlimited membership and other premium content. Don't confine your movies, music, and photos to your small computer screen. Experience them as big as life on your TV in Full-HD 1080p with WD TV Live Plus HD media player.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น