วันพุธที่ 21 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Sony STRDH520 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black)


Awesome investment, (What's this?)
Excellent Xmas Gift, (What's this?) I got this for my dad for Xmas. His previous one was from 1978 and it finally died. He is able to hook up all his speakers, cd player, tv, and even a turn table. You can't beat the price at all plus Sony is a great name in Electronics and it'll last very long I am sure. I wish these things didn't have to be so bulky but oh well. I do not recommend ordering from Amazon though on this item. First, it was damaged via UPS delivery. I had to call and find out why it wasn't delivered yet to get the true story of what happened. At that point they had to place a new order and everything.
Pretty good bang for buck, but not that easy to set up, (What's this?) Wanted a new receiver to compliment my other new home entertainment/HTPC setup. Wanted an inexpensive receiver to connect everything via HDMI. Took a little while and a little instruction reading to figure out how to get everything just right. The menu system on the receiver is pretty confusing, but I guess the little bit of work is countered by the lower price tag. Only have had it installed for a couple of days, but performance seems good.

Pros:

-The price - lots of features for the cost
-If using HDMI, reduces the mess of wires used in RCA/Component-based setups
-HDMI Pass-thru - This is a great feature. I was concerned that I would have to leave the receiver on at all times, but if you turn pass-thru feature on, it will pass-thru the HDMI signal, even if the receiver is in standby (sleep) mode. This basically means you can choose to only use sound output from TV if you dont want to used your external HT speakers.

Cons:

-If connecting your HTPC, the receiver didn't seem to like a high refresh rate. Mine was set to 60hz, and the screen displayed some blotching that would come and go as the PC refreshed the screen rate. I dropped the refresh rate down to 30hz and it seems to have addressed the blotching.
- Menu system is messy and hard to navigate, and requires the receiver remote.
- I have a bravia TV, but couldnt figure out how to get the "Bravia sync" feature to work.

All in all, I am pretty happy with the purchase. This doesnt have all the features of some of the newer receivers, but for roughly 1/2 the price, you get most of the major benefits needed for newer components. The sound output is more than I needed for my application, so mostly thumbs up. Would have given 5 stars had Sony spent a little extra time and implemented an on-screen set up to make things a little less confusing.
Terrific A/V receiver for the price; even better when connected to recent Sony devices..., (What's this?) The overall sound and features of this receiver are an excellent package at this price. And if you are pairing this with other Sony components via HDMI, it smartly synchronizes input sources, volume and power settings resulting in an awesome user experience.

Getting this receiver up and running was relatively easy. Mine replaced a 13-year old Yamaha model that still worked well, but did not have an HDMI connector or surround sound speaker input in sight (but proudly displayed its "Phono" and "Laser Disc" inputs from the last century!).

I placed the STRHD520 in a system to deliver audio and video from a cable provider's HD/DVR combo box, a Sony Blu-ray player and a Sony LED television.
REASONABLE and POWERFUL!, (What's this?) Sony STRDH520 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver.
Great reciever at a great price, (What's this?) I actually just needed just a 5.1 receiver to replace my exisiting one that had 4 HDMI inputs, so I am not using the the 7.1 and Channel 3D features but are nice to have if I decide to upgrade and use them in the future. They have 20 different speaker configurations available to cover everything from anyone could possibly want and about the only downside I found was knob connections for the 2 front main speakers, but I assume you need these if you have high end speakers.

I have a DirecTV, DVD, Xbox and Roku HDMI connected through it and every single one works great with both the video and sound, so I was able to get rid of almost half of my connection cables I use to have.

I don't think you will find a better receiver than this one at this price and almost all the negative reviews on this product are from people thinking they should have features of one that are double the price, like being able to convert a component video input to a HDMI output.
PRODUCT WAS DEFECTIVE, (What's this?) Must of just received a bad one.
Good for the price - But somewhat limited., (What's this?) This is certainly a great receiver if you need something to handle a TV and a couple of other devices. Sound quality is great for modest speaker setups, and the Dolby decoder does an excellent job. However, it's lacking in inputs and doesn't have much flexibility for multiple non-HDMI devices. For the price, this is to be expected and it won't be a problem for most people. But since I didn't see these things mentioned in previous reviews, I'll list them here:

* Component inputs will not be converted and passed through to HDMI to the TV. If you use component inputs, you need another component cable running to the TV. I know, no big surprise, no other receivers at this price point will do that either.

* No phono/pre-amp input. Again, not a big deal, if you're one of the few people that still uses a turntable (like me), you'll need to buy a separate pre-amp.

* A maximum of 4 video-capable devices can be plugged into this receiver. Practically speaking, at least two of those will have to be HDMI if you want to fully utilize this box. Component and analog inputs are extremely limited.
I wasn't so lucky..., I purchased one of these to go along with a new system. Having been an engineer for over twenty years, I'm usually pretty good at wiring things like this up. This device was to go along with a new Sony 55 inch LCD TV, a new Sony Blue Ray player, 5/2.1 speakers, a new dish network receiver (non-HD) and an X-Box Kinect.
For me this product failed in four areas:
1) I wanted a device that would sound MUCH better than the TV speakers would alone in my very large living room. Surprisingly, it did NOT! (and , yes, I tried every one of the many sound choices and set-ups).
2) I hoped for a system with well-written instructions. Not the case here at all.
Great receiver at a bargain price! Not high end, but definitely high value!, (What's this?) Let me first give some details, as I find them useful when reading reviews. I power a pair of Sony SS-F5000 speakers with a SA-W2500 Sony Sub-woofer with this head unit. My living room is 12' by 20'. I have a Samsung plasma mounted on the wall and Directv service. This head unit is great! The HDMI switching is great and the four HDMI inputs leave plenty of room for a sat/catv box, game machine, disc player and one more item. The lack of an on-screen display may upset savvy techies, but it doesn't take away from the performance of the unit. The features such as night mode, input naming, auto-level volume and easy sound processing mode changes are great. Once you have the unit setup, you don't really need to tweak it much.

I would recommend this unit for anyone looking for a bargain receiver. The features of this unit are NOT going to blow you away; it's definitely a lower end receiver. However, the sound that is pumps is great for the price.

  • 7.1-channel AV receiver with 100W per channel
  • 3D pass-through capability
  • 6 HD Inputs (4 HDMI, 2 component)
  • Dolby TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts HD enhanced audio codecs
  • HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD DCS)

  • 7.1-channel AV receiver with 100W per channel.3D pass-through capability.6 HD Inputs (4 HDMI, 2 component).Dolby TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts HD enhanced audio codecs.HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD DCS). Step up your home entertainment experience with Sony’s STR-DH520 receiver that delivers 7.1 powerful channels of sound and allows up to six HD connections.5 Plus, enjoy incredible sound quality while you watch 3D sports movies and games from connected 3D devices.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น