วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 22 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Aluratek AIREC01F WiFi Internet Radio - Home Theater Edition (Black)


OK for internet Radio - does not Stream WMP12 files, OK - here's the background. Several years ago I ripped all of my CD's (about 450 or so) onto the hard drive of my computer and purchased a Roku Soundbridge. There were some initial start up issues, but once they were resolved the Roku quickly became my favorite gadget purchase of all time. I had phenomenal sound (it was being served wirelessly and it in turn was feeding a Teac receiver via the optical output, which was powering some Polk S10s) and I had full access to all of my music, all of my playlists, etc.... I owned the thing for a couple months before I even tried the internet radio, and then I was hooked on that too. It would pretty much find any radio station that was on the internet. Plus it looked good sitting on top of the receiver.

Fast forward 4 or 5 years, and one day the Roku just died.
Love the concept, Radio is quirky?, (What's this?) My radio got to me in about a week. I had read that the first thing you should do is get a firmware upgrade. I did. It comes zipped. The radio would not recognize it. I unzipped and it was happy. The radio is kinda a puzzle at best. They talk about ease of use, but you are on your own to figure out the remote. It works okay when you figure it out. The unit is not super sensitive. I am still working on a position. It is hooked up to a HD Radio's aux port. Together they represent the cheapest in new technology. They also sound great together. Most audio sounds great and the bigger stream the better. This thing rarely times out. Some reviewers have got them selves in a sweat over the vtuner site that indexes for the radio. That site is a simple place for data. It is owned separately and is the backbone for a whole bunch of radios that pretty much work like this one. You can go to <...> and enjoy internet radio and tv, but you will need a pc in front of you. That's exactly why I got this tuner. (Technically not a radio, not a real amp.) NOW THE GOOD STUFF. This internet radio stuff is addicting. Stations from around the globe. I stayed up on a Sunday night and listened to the British morning Christian radio shows. Awesome stuff. Music around the world is really neat to listen too. Yes there is too much to listen too. Yes it may be gone tomorrow. It reminds me of early satellite. Listen to it while it works and while stations are willing to put it out. I did hook this little guy up to a home stereo and it sounded fine. SOME INTERESTING STUFF. Tear drop design is a little weird. Plug in to aux and wall and get started. Oops have fun with remote.
Update- A couple of weeks of usage. Well its real problem is that its not to sensitive. All my other wireless items love my Motorola surfboard router. This item is more near my router than all my other stuff. But on its meter I get 4 out five bars. Oh well, sometimes on first power up it gets a lock on database or station. If it just has to go to a station you get a better rate of clean starts. If it has to go to vtuner it can get messy. If it fails to lock, just restart. This is much easier than reentering data for router, witch it will ask if it fails awhile. I think proximity to router will take care of this problem. I am used to it and fairly easy to restart.
wonderful, (What's this?) Very simple and easy to set up and use , so good in fact I purchased two for my home . So much music out there that we were missing not to mention news and old time radio programs . I love this device . I am not an IT person by any stretch yet I had this thing working in five minutes .
not worth it, This product has a problem connecting to a wifi signal. Attempted to resolve the issue twice with Aluratek tech support but they were less than helpful. The unit would not function as it should have so returned it. Do not recommend this item.
Decent product, (What's this?) Decent product. Some IP and DNS issues but generally works well, streaming is good without any interruptions. Screen could be larger. Could be bettre if the USB port was located in front. Definitely good value for money.
excellent opcion, (What's this?)
Had it out of the box and listening to the radio in minutes!, (What's this?) I hooked this up to my receiver, used the radio's set up menu, and had the wireless up and running in about 5 minutes. Since I haven't had this for long, I can't comment on it's longevity. But right out of the box it has performed flawlessly.
seamlessly integrated into my media, (What's this?) I have only used this as a way to stream internet radio through my stereo at work without using my computer. (I do computationally intensive work which often slows down music streaming software on the computer.) It is superb at that. I connected it to the web via ethernet cable and to my stereo by RCA plugs. 5 clicks later I was able to listen to my favorite stations/music from around the world. I use it daily and it has not dropped a song once.

Caveat - I have not installed its software on my computer, tried to stream MP3 from my computer to it, or attached an MP3 player to it. So I cannot review those functions.
Easy set up- great value, (What's this?) This is my second internet receiver- my other one is the Grace IRA-500. The Grace unit costs about $20 -$40 more, depending on when and where you buy it, and is the better receiver (especially since it has Pandora access) but this Aluratek fit the bill for what I wanted as a bedroom unit for late night talk radio and sports: inexpensive, easy to navigate and reliable. I'm generally a ludite when it comes to anything technology related but I had this unit playing within 5 minutes of opening the box. Highly recommended as a basic, inexpensive internet receiver.
Disappointing, (What's this?) I'm a fan of the Aluratek AIRMM01F clock internet radio -- have *two* of them installed around and get great performance. So when I decided to add an internet tuner to the audio rig at my office, this was the obvious choice. From appearances, it seemed to be the same tuner as that contained in the clock internet radio -- but after ordering and then returning the unit, that does not appear to be the case. After doing side by side comparison, this unit does not have the chops. Got way poorer reception -- background clicks under the signal where all there is is silence with the AIRMM01F. That's unacceptable.

So after working with the unit, trying to find a way to quiet it down, I returned it to the seller.

Audio gear needs to provide a silent stage from which to enjoy the programming. This Aluratek AIREC01F failed to do so.

My advice is to go with the AIRMM01F. I'm happy with both of them working in separate locations.

  • No monthly fees or subscription costs
  • Instant access to over 11,000 radio stations around the world
  • Easy install and setup
  • Uses standard RCA audio (Stereo line out) for speaker connection
  • Supports All Receivers

  • No monthly fees or subscription costs.Instant access to over 11,000 radio stations around the world.Easy install and setup.Uses standard RCA audio (Stereo line out) for speaker connection.Supports All Receivers. Enjoy a virtually unlimited amount of free music on your home theater system.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น