วันอังคารที่ 27 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Shure M97xE High-Performance Magnetic Phono Cartridge


Nice sound at a bargain price, (What's this?) I needed to replace the phono cartridge on my turntable that had been in storage for twenty years. I didn't want to spend a lot since my plan was to simply digitize my vinyl LP collection and then permanently retire the turntable and vinyl LPs. The installation of the M97xE was straightforward but the instructions made no reference to the alignment protractor thats folded up and hidden under the foam carrier inside the case.
For the music nut on a budget, (What's this?) I have used many sure products and they have yet to let me down this is a fine cartridge set to give that brr than digital sound on a budget. It makes a moderate turn table sound like a $1000 + turn table.
Use with My USB Turntable, (What's this?) I use this item with my Audio Technica ATLP120 USB turntable and have ripped many a record to .wav file with it. I think it accurately transmits the recording quality of the original record and I have no complaints about it (even the leading brush is a nice touch and I can see it collect particles). Just make sure that your turntable's arm is counter-weighted properly, so that the needle doesn't dig in or touch too lightly.
Shure M97xE, (What's this?) The first one I received had a very crooked cantilever assembly, so the stylus was maybe close to 6+ degrees off from vertical. I've never had to return anything from Amazon before but I must admit it was a breeze. I was very satisfied with their return process. The second one I got had an aligned cantilever but the stylus tip is welded on noticeably crooked.
sureM97xE High Performance Magnetic Phono Cartridge, (What's this?) Excellent cartridge I can hear the noticeable difference. Installation was easier than I had anticipated. I am back in the groove now. Get it? Back in the groove.
good quality cart. for the price, (What's this?) I am very pleased with this cartridge; it was more than I expected for the price. I wanted a replacement needle for my Shure ML 140HE but the replacement needles are no longer made and the ones available on line sell for $150 and up...I saw this as a less expensive alternative, to try out, as I do not play my vinyl records as often as I use to anyway...the cartridge has a very smooth refined sound similar to other quality Shure cartridges, of the past;...I did find it to be somewhat slow,...I thought it was the turntable speed at first but I checked that and it was about right, ...it may be because the cartridge is new though and the rubber parts need to loosen up a bit....
Distorted, (What's this?)
Absolutely stunning!, (What's this?)
BEST CARTIDGE FOR THE $$, (What's this?)
Top Secret: How to turn the M97xE into a HiFi Giant Killer..., (What's this?) Forget all the $300 plus cartridges promoting themselves as the last word in sonic revelation. All you need is this cartridge. But there is a secret to getting the sort of sound from the M97xE that will truly satisfy that vinyl craving. And here it is: it's all in the replaceable stylus. Remove the stock cartridge, and put it away for safekeeping. Replace it with a "JICO SAS needle 77x3-Dsas-N97xe for Shure M97xE" which is not currently available on Amazon, but can be found from at least two reputable online stores.

  • Viscous-damped dynamic stabilizer maintains uniform distance between cartridge and record
  • Die-cast-aluminum mounting block; includes mounting hardware and leaning brush
  • Side-Guard system prevents stylus damage if cartridge accidentally slides across LP
  • Accurately reproduces difficult musical passages, particularly in high-frequency range
  • High-performance phono cartridge with finely polished elliptical diamond tip

  • Viscous-damped dynamic stabilizer maintains uniform distance between cartridge and record.Die-cast-aluminum mounting block; includes mounting hardware and leaning brush.Side-Guard system prevents stylus damage if cartridge accidentally slides across LP.Accurately reproduces difficult musical passages, particularly in high-frequency range.High-performance phono cartridge with finely polished elliptical diamond tip. Among the M97xE's most notable features is a viscous-damped dynamic stabilizer, which maintains a uniform distance between the cartridge and the record under difficult playing conditions, such as those caused by warped records or a mismatched tonearm mass. Should the stabilizer prove unnecessary, listeners can lock it in the detent position, which can, under ideal playing conditions, ensure even better sound quality. The cartridge also offers a die-cast-aluminum mounting block for secure, vibration-free attachment to the tonearm, along with a Side-Guard stylus protection system that helps prevent stylus damage if the cartridge accidentally slides across a record. The latter feature responds to side thrusts on the stylus by withdrawing the entire cantilever and tip safely into the stylus housing before the cantilever can be damaged. The superb-tracking, neutral, smooth-sounding M97xE magnetic phono cartridge is designed to provide hours of undistorted, enjoyable listening without fatiguing the ear or tiring the mind. The cartridge accurately reproduces the most difficult musical packages, particularly in the high-frequency range where audio modulations are the smallest and stylus tip movement is the most rapid. This precise tracking ability is made possible by Shure's unique Type II low-mass, thin-wall, aluminum-alloy stylus cantilever, in addition to its precision-crafted, finely polished elliptical diamond tip.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น