วันเสาร์ที่ 24 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band Receiver with Single Side Band Reception, plus External Plug-in Antenna


Mediocre Radio, (What's this?) I bought the Sony ICF SW7600GR for two reasons: one, because for years it's been popular among radio enthusiasts (DXers and SWLers), and two, because it probably will not be available for much longer. This is the only shortwave radio Sony presently makes, and it may be the last the company will ever make. I wanted to see what all the hype was about while there was still time.

The unit is fairly impressive in its build quality. There are no wobbly buttons or loose wheels. The body seems solid and weighty and the switches reliable.
Dissatisfied, (What's this?) I ordered this Shortwave radio and it was delivered without the AC adaptor.
Nice, but...., Treating myself to this radio, a few years ago, it has served me pretty well. However, the critter eats batteries. If you can find one, purchase an AC adapter.
Nearly 5 Stars (a couple of glitches - still great!), (What's this?) First the good points - and focus on these. I'd buy this again, knowing what I know now. It's just that I'd be aware of a couple of things that need to be known prior to purchase. The radio itself is great! It's well constructed (not some light weight, cheap, thin and brittle plastic cased wannabe short wave radio. This is relatively expensive and well worth the money. It's been on the market for a number of years, and keeps getting very high marks by such people as ham radio operators who know radios and know what to look for.

Sound out of a small speaker is adequate - not worse than one might expect (and shouldn't expect much more). What's most impressive is the frequency stability - drift is almost non-existent on mine. Sideband is outstanding, particularly in this price range. We bought ours primarily for emergency purposes in case of a wide-scale or extended power outage, but it's turning out to be "fun" for this former ham radio operator that's still kind of picky.

Sensitivity is quite good. CAUTION: if you aren't familiar with shortwave propagation, study up on it just a bit on the Internet or you'll be very disappointed and do what some other reviewers have apparently done. Depending on time of day, solar storm activity, and other factors, different bands have different characteristics. Sometimes you can scan up, and up, and up (or down), and never have it lock on to a single signal. There are times when some bands are simply "dead," and at other times those same bands (frequency ranges) can pull in signals from all over the world. This is NOT something that Sony has any control with.
What an odd antenna connector, (What's this?) I have one of these fine radios. I have many, many portable decent
shortwave radios, and this is one of the best.

Still, there is one thing that bugs me. The Antenna Connector has an
extra ring, apparently for an antenna preamp. But that would seem to
make it very troublesome to hook up an ordinary sleeve and tip connector.

I tried to use it with a 2 pin connector, and things seem to work,
but has anyone ever seen the preamp!

Apart from that it's a better than average small radio. Batteries seem
to last forever.
sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM, (What's this?) This radio works very good and has done everything that i would expect from a compact device and then some . I think with an even better antena it would far exceed my expectations . I wish sony made an AC adapter for this but you can get an aftermarket one that seems to work just fine .
Not much better than my old Sony model ICF SW10., (What's this?) Thinking that it was time to upgrade my 13 year old Sony SW radio, I went for this model. I find the operation to be rather inconvenient, i.e., complicated, and some of the features of no particular value compared to the old one. Furthermore, it is very HEAVY, which matters to me, as I often carry it on overseas travels. Overall the purchase was probably a mistake, although not a disaster. The old model I could easily tune while lying in bed with eyes closed!! The replacement, with all of its many buttons, requires more attention. Even though the preset feature and the scan feature should be beneficial, so far I find them to be of little value. I've owned the new model about 6 weeks.
Good device, (What's this?) Good device.
The perfect combination of price and quality.
Sony keeps its quality is not Chinese.
I bought 5 pieces all work fine.
Sony icf sw7600gr, (What's this?) Very nice radio. The other reviews were spot on. I really like
the scan functions and SSB capability. For a small portible radio that handles shortwave you can't go wrong.
Now if shortwave would make a comeback it would be great! The FM and AM work fine too.
Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio, (What's this?) The Sony ICF-SW7600GR is without doubt one of the best AM/FM/Shortwave radios I have seen. My favorite station which is a classical station moved to a new transmitter and frequency but with lower power. Even in my car, which always received this station fine, reception is now plagued by fading and noise. The Sony ICF-SW7600GR receives this station clearly whether in the house or out in the car. I tested the shortwave reception by comparing it to my Icom IC-756 ham radio and was amazed at the performance. Yes, the Sony was hearing SSB stations on the 7.185 Mhz net with just the rod antenna; I didn't expect to hear anybody. Now bare in mind, I have a 120 foot long wire attached to my Icom and the Icom cost over a thousand dollars. Anyway, to make this short, I love this little radio and would recommend it to anyone.

  • MY-memory tuning memorizes and scans up to 100 frequencies
  • Label presets with 6 alphanumeric letters
  • World clock and dual clock functions; built-in timer
  • PLL digital tuner receives FM, MW/AM, SSB, shortwave and longwave
  • Four tuning methods: direct, manual, scan and preset

  • MY-memory tuning memorizes and scans up to 100 frequencies.Label presets with 6 alphanumeric letters.World clock and dual clock functions; built-in timer.PLL digital tuner receives FM, MW/AM, SSB, shortwave and longwave.Four tuning methods: direct, manual, scan and preset..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น